Engineered to be as light and stiff as possible.
- 48g without hardware (53g if you use aluminum hardware), 4mm 3K CF
- True X
- 30x30 or 20x20 mounting options
- 185mm MTM to accommodate oversized 5.1" Gemfan and DAL 5040T props
- CF weave goes in the RIGHT direction so you have the stiffest arms of any monoplate X
- Slots at the tips of the arms to route and protect motor wires for underarm ESC mounting
- 2mm Cam plate that accommodates 2.1mm lenses at 50° cam angle
- 12:1 thrust to weight ratio (or more depending on your motor)
- Frame comes with Titanium 4x M3-20mm screws, 4x M3-12mm screws, and 4x M3 Nylon Standoffs
- Nylon is more crash resistant by deforming rather than transferring stress during crashes onto your screws or FC stack
- Titanium is less than half the weight of steel and more than twice the strength of aluminum
- If you order the ÜberPod, the Ü180X will come with 30mm standoffs instead
This frame was not cut based on pretty lines. Nothing was eyeballed. It was iteratively designed using finite element analysis to give you the strongest possible frame with the least amount of weight (for 4mm CF). The arms may seem narrow but the exact dimensions were derived from force calculations based on a 400g AUW quad flying 70MPH into something that gives 4" (like a fiberglass pole in a gate).
The original Ü180 was magical to fly due to the insane stiffness of the frame. The goal of the Ü180X was to give people the magic of the Ü180 but in a more durable package. Pair this with the latest 2205 motors to achieve 12+:1 thrust ratios. Throw in the ÜberPod to fly at 75° for über fast foward flight!